We fully subscribe to the historic Christian creeds such as the Nicene Creed and Apostles Creed and believe that these represent the bedrock of the Christian faith. We haven’t included them here, but have added links that will enable you to view them if you wish.
Elim Pentecostal Church Fundamental Truths:
We especially subscribe to the Fundamental Truths of the Elim Pentecostal Church and these are set out below.
· The Bible:- We believe the Bible, as originally given, to be without error, the fully inspired and infallible Word of God and the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
· The Trinity:- We believe that the Godhead exists co-equally and co-eternally in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit and that these three are one God, sovereign in creation, providence and redemption.
· The Saviour:- We believe in the true and proper deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His real and complete humanity, in His sinless life, in His authoritative teaching, in His substitutionary and atoning sacrifice through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His heavenly intercession and in His second advent to receive His church.
· The Holy Spirit:- We believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit, who proceeds from the Father and the Son and the necessity of His work in conviction of sin, repentance, regeneration and sanctification, and that the believer is also promised an enduement of power as the gift of Christ through the baptism in the Holy Spirit with signs following. Through this enduement the beliver is empowered for fuller participation in the ministry of the church, it's worship, evangelism and service.
· Mankind:- We believe in the universal sinfulness of all men since the fall, rendering man subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
· Salvation:- We believe in the necessity for salvation, of repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ by which the sinner is pardoned and accepted as righteous in God's sight. This justification is imputed by the grace of God because of the atoning work of Christ, is received by grace alone and is evidenced by the Fruit of the Spirit and a holy life.
· The Church:- We believe in the unity and priesthood of all believers in Christ and that these comprise the universal church and the Body of Christ.
· The Ministry:- We believe in the ministries that Christ has set in His church namely, apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers, and in the present operation of the manifold gifts of the Holy Spirit according to the New Testament.
· Ordinances:- We believe in the baptism of believers by immersion in water in obedience to the command of Christ and in the commemoration of Christ's death by the observance of the Lord's Supper until His return.
The Commission:- We believe that the gospel embraces the needs of the whole man and that the church is therefore commissioned to preach the gospel to the world and to fulfill a ministry of healing and deliverance to the spiritual and physical needs of mankind.
· The Coming King:- We believe in the personal, physical and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to reign in power and glory.
· The Future State:- We believe in the resurrection of the dead and in the final judgement of the world, the eternal conscious bliss of the righteous and the eternal conscious punishment of the wicked.
If you want to know more about what this means or to discuss any aspect of this statement, please do contact us.